Saturday, July 26, 2014

Psalm 151, A Contemplation

We must remember this Psalm when we are faced with any impossible and insurmountable adversity as all The Church on earth today is faced with that Goliath, that Philistine, sometimes called post-modernism.


When enemies inside and outside The Church assail us, let us remember David, who was neither handsome nor tall; who could not win the day by the guile of the beautiful, nor by the strength of the mighty; but in the fact of his frailty, as little more than a small boy, he won the day by confidence in the leadership and strength of the Living God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


Therefore, let us follow Jesus, even unto death.


Psalm 151:1-7

This Psalm is autobiographical to David and outside the number.


I was the smallest of my brothers, the youngest in my father’s house; I tended my father’s sheep.  My hands made a musical instrument; my fingers tuned my psalterion.


Who will report [this] to my LORD?  The LORD Himself; He hears [my prayers and my psalms].  It is He, Who sent His messenger, took me from my father’s sheep, and Christened me with His Chrismating oil.


My brothers are handsome and tall, but the LORD was not pleased with them.
I went out to meet the Philistine; he cursed me by his idols; but I drew his own sword; beheaded him, and took away shame from Israel’s children.


http://unsettledchristianity.com/2009/11/psalm-151-a-new-translation/

No comments:

Post a Comment